Wednesday, February 21, 2007

ADC - Spring 2007 - Sports Section 2 - Golf - "Would you kiss my balls for luck ?"


After a brief and unsuccessful flirtation as a younger man, I have decided to re-visit the game of golf. We live not half a mile from a nine-hole floodlit course so I thought I’d take some lessons, which at AED 600 (GBP 85) are exactly double what I payed for a second hand set of clubs which are probably older than the golf Pro, but hey you have to restart somewhere.

To get into the mood, last month I volunteered to act as a Marshal at the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship which is part of the European Tour (how does that work ?) http://www.abudhabigolfchampionship.com/volunteers.asp . It was great fun and quite something to be close to the action with top names like Montgomerie, Jimenez, Di Marco, Bjorn and the eventual winner Paul Casey. I opted for early tee times which meant that I was able to follow the top players in afternoons.

You'll recognise me instantly of course as the the one in the red polo shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home