Friday, September 01, 2006

ADC - SUMMER 2006 - Wellbeing Section - Just keep taking the tablets

Di’s broken leg, although fixed, continues to give her pain and causes problems. Despite having had all the metalwork removed in January, the ankle still swells if she is on her feet for too long (I told her not to wear tights and eat cauliflower). Nevertheless she is valiantly undergoing a fitness regime at the gym in an attempt to regain some semblance of normality. As you see from the picture, the results are more than encouraging.

However, not content with breaking her leg, in an effort to gain frequent flyer points at Al Noor Hospital she underwent an emergency appendectomy in February (I personally think she’s either addicted to general anesthesia or has a crush on the hospital porter).

Not to be outdone, having been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea [I stop breathing in my sleep which apparently is very dangerous and ostensibly life-threatening :-)], I had a complete re-bore of my sinuses and corrective surgery to harden the soft palate. The result is that I can now drink boiling oil with impunity and anyone who ventures within a 3 feet radius of me will die of oxygen starvation. A genuine positive effect is that I now snore more like a baby than a steam hammer and have regained senses of taste and smell (....... which reminds me I must change the cat’s litter tray).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home